CHURCH OF SAINT MICHELE


Where is it : Via Ospedale, 2
Accessible Open

The church was built at the end of 1600.

It was part of a Jesuit monastery, which has been turned into a Military Hospital.

In the large entrance there is the marble pulpit of Emperor Charles V.

The church has a round shape with six chapels all around.

On the altar there is the 1600 golden wood statue of St. Michele Archangel.

The church is entirely decorated with polychrome marbles and stuccos.

In the vestry there are a crucifix and six wooden statues of the Passion Mysteries.

These statues are the work of Sardinian artisan Antonio Lonis.


Chiesa di San Michele

1235total visits,1visits today

NOI per l'ARTE