THE STAMPACE QUARTER

Stampace
1
CHURCH OF SAINT MICHELE
2
CRYPT AND CHURCH OF SANTA RESTITUTA
3
CHURCH OF SANT ANNA
4
CRYPT AND CHURCH OF SANT EFISIO
5
CHURCH OF SAINT CHIARA

Marina Vista Aerea

Image from: Google Earth
The area of Stampace district was already inhabited in the roman era.

The district was built by the Pisans around the middle of 1200.

This district was enclosed by walls, towers and gates.

They cannot be seen today as they were demolished around the middle of 1800.

The only gate today is under the tower of the Buttress, near the church of St. Michele.

The district was inhabited by merchants, artisans and business owners.

Today Stampace district is divided like this:

Upper Stampace

It is the older area that was built under the Pisans

Lower Stampace

It is the area between Piazza Yenne and Via Roma.

 

MONUMENTS WITH HISTORICAL RELEVANCE

CHURCH OF SAINT MICHELE
1. CHURCH OF SAINT MICHELE
 CHURCH OF SAINT RESTITUTA
2. CRYPT AND CHURCH OF SAINT RESTITUTA

CHURCH OF SAINT ANNA3. CHURCH OF SAINT ANNA

CRYPT AND CHURCH OF SAINT EFISIO
4. CRYPT AND CHURCH OF SAINT EFISIO

CHURCH OF SAINT CHIARA5. CHURCH OF SAINT CHIARA

748total visits,1visits today

NOI per l'ARTE