THE CASTELLO QUARTER

Castello
1
CITADEL OF MUSEUMS
2
ST. PANCRAS TOWER
3
CHURCH OF ST. LUCY
4
THE VICEREGAL PALACE
5
CATTEDRALE AND MUSEO
6
CHURCH OF HOPE
7
TOWN PALACE
8
CHURCH OF SAINT JOSEPH
9
ELEPHANT TOWER
10
CHURCH OF THE PUREST
11
CHURCH OF SANTA CROCE
12
CHURCH SANTA MARIA DEL MONTE

Marina Vista Aerea

Image from: Google Earth
The quarter of Castello (Castle) was built by the Pisans around 1200, upon a hill that
until that time had been uninhabited.

The Pisans built defensive walls, towers, bastions and doors to keep the quarter safe.

The fortified quarter became the location of the civil, religious, aristocracy and
military powers until the beginning of 1900.

During World War II it was seriously damaged by the bombing on the city of Cagliari.

After that there were many years of abandonment.

Nowadays the quarter is lively and full of tourists and citizens strolling through its
streets and small squares.

MONUMENTS WITH HISTORICAL RELEVANCE

CITADEL OF MUSEUMS1. CITADEL OF MUSEUMS

ST. PANCRAS TOWER2. ST. PANCRAS TOWER

CHURCH OF ST. LUCY3. CHURCH OF ST. LUCY

THE VICEREGAL PALACE4. THE VICEREGAL PALACE

SAINT MARY CATHEDRAL AND THE MUSEUM5. SAINT MARY CATHEDRAL AND THE MUSEUM

CHURCH OF HOPE6. CHURCH OF HOPE

TOWN PALACE7. TOWN PALACE

CHURCH OF SAINT JOSEPH8. CHURCH OF SAINT JOSEPH

ELEPHANT TOWER9. ELEPHANT TOWER

CHURCH DELLA PURISSIMA (OF THE PUREST)10. CHURCH DELLA PURISSIMA (OF THE PUREST)

CHURCH AND CLOISTER OF SANTA CROCE11. CHURCH AND CLOISTER OF SANTA CROCE

CHURCH OF SAINT MARY OF THE MOUNTAIN12. CHURCH OF SAINT MARY OF THE MOUNTAIN

417total visits,1visits today

NOI per l'ARTE